Thursday, October 11, 2012

Christmas in October...?

Yes, I know, it has little do to with anything, and I promise to write things of importance later, but for the moment I wanted to show this to you. This is the nativity I am currently in love with. I doubt I will get it--it costs about $350--but here it is anyhow.


The full set. It may be noted that the star winds up and plays "Silent Night."

The Holy Family

Wise men (sorry for the blurriness)

Shepherds plus donkey and camel (sans sheep, I guess--except for the one on his shoulder)


Well, there you have it. I really adore this one mostly for the figures. Many of the olive wood sets I've seen have tall, elongated figures that I don't like quite as much--this smaller, flowier, more delicate style is really attractive to me. It so happens that this is the same nativity Katie bought a couple weeks ago, but in my own defense I fell in love with it before she saw it--we just have similar tastes, I guess. I'll be going out with a group next week to do some nativity hunting at other places besides Omar's so we can all make educated choices. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment