Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nobody Panic!

I know most of you know this already, but for any of you who don't please know that I and everyone in the Jerusalem program are safe and well. As you already know, a missile (or missiles) sent from Gaza hit the Jerusalem area last week. This did affect us. We heard warning sirens and went though some fast and furious security procedures, but the missiles didn't hit anywhere near us and everything was fine. The Jerusalem Center is situated in one of the safest places possible--in Jerusalem, within sight of the Dome of the Rock and the Western Wall. Nobody in their right mind would but a missile anywhere near us. Besides even that, I am now up in Galilee with my peers enjoying the sea and learning about the Savior. The Galilee is the safest area in Jerusalem simply because there is no strategic interest in it whatsoever.

So nobody panic! I am safe. Efforts are being made for a cease-fire (we'll see how it goes), but the hope is that things are going to simmer down. Of course, one never knows how things will go in the Middle East, but I have never felt unsafe here for a moment. Not only are our administration and security teams amazing, but also everyone in Jersualem knows who the Mormons are. We have a good reputation and are generally well-liked--so in short, were I to get caught in hard straights in Jerusalem, I feel complete confidence that I could get help from almost anyone I asked. Most importantly, we are in Heavenly Father's hands--and that, as my Auntie Sharla said, "that is a very safe, peaceful, and amazing place to be." I couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

  1. We are glad you are all safe. I haven't worried too much because I know you are in good hands and in a safe location. Many people have asked about you at church. They have all wondered how you are doing as they have read/ heard the news.
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete